[torqueusers] initial pbs_server start hangs

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Mon May 16 10:12:39 MDT 2011

On 05/12/2011 03:17 PM, David Beer wrote:

> [...]
Kenneth,

We may need a little more information about your automated install.

Part of installing torque is the initialization of the serverdb. Once
serverdb has been created then the use of /etc/init.d/pbs_server start
is ready to go. However,  pbs_server start is not intended to be part of
the installation process. Can you make sure serverdb is initialized
before you begin to use pbs_server start?

Ken Nielson
Adaptive Computing