[torqueusers] Torque under Windows using Cygwin

Colin Potter colin at darkstar.terascale.net
Mon Jan 24 22:52:49 MST 2005

Hey, thanks for the help, Rayson.

On Jan 21, 2005, at 1:24 PM, Rayson Ho wrote:

>> Would it be possible to run Torque as a mom under Cygwin
>> (http://www.cygwin.com/)?

> Should be easy... someone done that with GridEngine with a few lines of
> code changes! The reason they did not make it into the main tree is
> mainly because of the licensing issues (you may want to read the Cygwin
> yourself).

I'm starting work on fixing the glitches in the Torque on Cygwin build
process. I modified buildutils/pbs_mach_type to include:
cygwin*) mach=linux ;;
so that Torque thinks that it is building on a Linux machine.

Now I'm getting some errors that it can't find <sys/tty.h>
(src/resmom/mom_inter.c), <sys/quota.h> and <syscall.h>
(src/linux/mom_mach.c). I'll continue to work on resolving these
dependencies.

Could you please explain further to me about the licensing issues? I
read through http://www.cygwin.com/licensing.html and couldn't find any
conflicts with the OpenPBS license included with the Torque package. It
says that a special license is required if you cannot include the source
of the ported application in open source form, but I don't see that that
would apply to Torque.

Thanks a bunch,
 Colin