[Mauiusers] unexpected hostname expansion in HOSTLIST

Burkhard Bunk bunk at physik.hu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 1 13:31:20 MDT 2010

Hi Roy,

thank you for your quick reply.
In fact, the hostnames have to be terminated to prevent expansion.

Your proposal with \b works with setres on the command line, e.g.

 	setres 'node1\b'
 	setres 'node1\b|node2\b'

In maui.cfg, however, your suggestion is not work for me.

Meanwhile I had discovered that a $ does the trick as well, both
on the command line and in the config file:

 	setres 'node1$|node2$'
or
 	# maui.cfg:
 	SRCFG[.....]  HOSTLIST=node1$,node2$

The Moab Workload Manager Administrator's Guide has a remark (in part
12.1.4) on "Node Regular Expressions" and lists the following special
characters:
Maybe this is what MAUI expects in HOSTLIST (which is comma separated,
in contrast to the setres pattern).

Anyway, then Maui Scheduler Administrator's Guide has nothing to say
about this expansion mystery, AFAIK. It should be documented in a
prominent place (or disabled by default).

Greetings,
Burkhard Bunk.