[Mauiusers] [torqueusers] Cluster Resources Becomes Adaptive Computing

Josh Butikofer josh at clusterresources.com
Fri Aug 7 18:03:52 MDT 2009

Everyone,

Glen is right. Cluster Resources still exists as a "sub-company" of Adaptive
Computing. The Cluster Resources website will remain as will all Cluster
Resources products, including our open-source software.

As our announcement e-mail said, all Adaptive Computing really gives us is a new
brand to show we are breaking out into different areas and also allows us to
create new products underneath the Adaptive Computing name. We are FULLY
committed to all of our users and customers in all industries--whether it be
HPC, grid, data center, cloud, etc. Our open-source products will remain. They
will be accessible via Cluster Resources. In short, if you use our software or
are a customer nothing should change--at least nothing for the worse. ;-)

Glen is also right that he continues to bug/remind us about our commitment to
get a TORQUE community website up and running. :) I'm exerting pressure on the
team responsible for the effort to try and get this done soon...but they are
busy people. We will keep you updated on our progress for the TORQUE community
website.

Josh Butikofer
Adaptive Computing Enterprises
#############################

Glen Beane wrote:
> As far as I know the CRI website will remain. CRI is a business unit
> of adaptive focused on traditional HPC. That being said I am bugging
> CRI to get a torque community website up and running.
>
> -Glen
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Aug 7, 2009, at 5:40 PM, Gus Correa <gus at ldeo.columbia.edu> wrote:
>
>> Dear All
>>
>> I couldn't find Torque and Maui on the new AdaptiveComputing web site:
>> no source code, or documentation, or mailing lists.
>> They're still available at the ClusterResources site, but ...
>>
>> A candid question:
>>
>> What will happen to these two free software pillars
>> that support affordable HPC computing on so many clusters
>> and other machines in the academia, research centers,
>> government, and industry worldwide?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Gus Correa
>> Gustavo Correa
>> Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory - Columbia University
>> Palisades, NY, 10964-8000 - USA
>>

>> smartz at adaptivecomputing.com wrote:
>>>

>>> Thank you for your support and input over the years as you have
>>> helped
>>> Cluster Resources become a leading provider of HPC software and
>>> services.
>>>

>>> Today, we are pleased to share with you that Cluster Resources is
>>> starting a new chapter in the company’s history. The Cluster Resou
>>> rces
>>> brand, created when our company was founded in 2001, appropriately
>>> matched our focus on helping customers optimize their HPC compute
>>> environments. As the influence of high-performance computing expands
>>> into the commercial data center, the name “Cluster Resources” no
>>> longer
>>> properly reflects our commitment to our growing community of
>>> customers
>>> and partners.
>>>
>>> To more directly reflect that commitment, we are proud to announce
>>> our
>>> move into the commercial data center market with a new name and brand
>>> identity, Adaptive Computing, and an upgraded software suite
>>> focused on
>>> extending the value of Moab to the data center and private and public
>>> cloud environments. Cluster Resources will continue as a business
>>> unit
>>> focused on the HPC market, while the Adaptive Computing unit will
>>> expand
>>> our capabilities into the larger data center market.
>>>
>>> The company ownership remains unaltered, and our dedication to
>>> serving
>>> the HPC market with leading products and services will continue to
>>> flourish. Although we have expanded our company, our products, and
>>> the
>>> markets we serve, we remain steadfast in our commitment to listen to,
>>> understand, and anticipate the needs of our diverse customer and
>>> partner
>>> base. As Adaptive Computing, we look forward to continuing to serve