Maui neednodes problem (was Re: [Mauiusers] Maui double dipping to the AM)

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Sep 2 00:19:42 MDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 04:10:17PM +1000, Chris Samuel alleged:
> On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 12:52 am, Wightman wrote:
>
> > > Also, any word on fixing the neednodes problem?
> >
> > Would you mind repeating the problem in a way that we can reproduce? ?We
> > haven't had any other reports about a neednodes problem, nor any
> > description on how to reproduce the bug. ?If you can give the steps to a
> > reproducible bug we'll jump on that right away.
>
> For what it's worth, it affects the Maui cluster that I look after, and
> Garrick's patch fixes the behaviour (though I'm always nervous about relying
> on patches that aren't in the tree).  I've attached Garrick's email with the
> problem & patch to this message.

Heh, it makes me nervous too, because it is obviously not the correct fix.

Someone put that function there for a reason, and I don't know what that reason
is.  We're just lucky that we aren't being affected by whatever I broke!

--
University of Southern California